PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Applicable as of 13 July 2021
The website https://www.medici.tv (hereinafter the “Site”) is operated by MUSEEC, SAS with share capital of €1,492,000, registered in the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 520 227 240 00048, with its registered office located at 10 Bd de Grenelle, CS 10817, 75738 Paris Cedex 15 (hereinafter “medici”), having the capacity of data controller within the meaning of the data protection regulations, notably the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. What personal data is processed?
Depending on the Site services used and your settings (specifically concerning cookies and other trackers), the Personal Data about you processed is mainly:
- That which you provide to us directly via your user profile and notably: Your surname, first name, civil status, email address, postal address, phone number, date of birth, country, language, method by which you contacted the Company for the first time, your payment details, your requests and information related to the customer service contact, your connection logs.
- That which you provide to us indirectly via your user preferences on the Site, and notably: information related to your browsing history and favourites, information related to transactions (type of subscription, orders and renewals, order details, date and time of the transactions, the amount billed, the payment method). In addition, if the user uses a promotional code, the Company may associate the User with the latter), information on use of the Site and notably the date and time of access, and information on your device such as IP address, device model, operating systems and their versions, software, language preferences, the equipment’s unique universal identifier)
- That which we collect from other sources and notably: comments you leave in the iOS AppStore iOS, our user surveying tools and social media, information provided by some users on other users in the context of the purchase of a gift card in particular (name, email, message to be sent), information from financial services providers (Recurly and Adyen if the user is subscribed) or marketing services providers.
We can allow you to share information about our Services on Internet sites (in their desktop of mobile version, including the corresponding apps) and social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc), notably via the share buttons. We remind you that access to this social media requires you to accept their contractual conditions comprising the provisions regarding personal data regulations for processing carried out by them, and this regardless of our pages of said social media.
To find out more about the protection of your personal data when browsing this social media, we invite you to consult their respective privacy policies.
2. How do we collect your personal data?
This data is collected either based on your consent or is necessary for the processing of your orders (execution of a contract).
Combating fraud and the security of the Site is based on the legitimate interests if medici.
3. Why do we collect your personal data?
Your data is collected to:
Provide our services and Site features and notably:
- The creation and management of your user account
- The creation and management of your subscription
- Guarantee the security of your online transactions, prevent fraud and payment incidents;
- Offer you personalisation features for your account, such as the creation of favourites and fast access to certain video content, including offline;
- Allow you to share our content on social media, notably via the share buttons;
- Perform internal operations required to provide the Service, notably by correcting software bugs and operational problems, by performing data analyses, tests and research as well as by monitoring and analysing usage and trends related to the activities.
Manage our commercial relationship and notably:
- Analyse and provide a response to questions and/or claims related to billing for the subscription and other purchases made using the help service;
- Study suggestions, opinions and customer feedback via surveys and for the purpose of improving our services;
- Manage and optimise the customer relationship;
- Study and process claims or disputes related to use of the Site and our services.
Develop our research and development and notably:
- Improve the quality of our services, design new features and products;
- Create statistics and audience measurements.
- Send you information on our offers, promotions, news and events (newsletters, alerts, invitations and other publications);
- Subject to your consent: allow our partners to send you information on their offers, promotions, news and events (newsletters, invitations and other publications);
- Promote or carry out competitions and prize draws and offer any related reward
- Offer content and information adapted to your preferences.
When the processing of your data is essential for medici to perform the purpose(s) described, the fields in question are indicated with an asterisk. If you do not complete these mandatory fields, medici cannot process your requests and/or provide you with the products and services requested.
4. Who receives your personal data?
As data controller, medici may communicate your personal data to any medici subcontractors for exclusively technical and logistic reasons (providers of the Site’s hosting and maintenance services, payment and fraud management providers, moderators, database management providers).
Details of the user’s payment method are collected and stored directly by Recurly during payment. They are then shared with Adyen so the payment can be made. Adyen and Recurly are both authorised for the collection, storage and processing of bank details. In addition, their general conditions comply with the new European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
If you agree to our general terms and conditions, your data may be used to manage and optimise the customer relationship. Your data may also be shared, subject to your consent, with other companies in the Les Echos - Le Parisien group and/or companies or associations partnered with the Les Echos - Le Parisien group for commercial prospecting purposes. The full list of companies belonging to the Les Echos – Le Parisien group can be viewed athttp://pressroom-lesechos-leparisien.com/mentions-legales/descriptifs-des-marques-et-activites-du-groupe-les-echos-le-parisien/.
Our audience measurement and advertising content improvement partners may also receive your data.
Finally, medici may communicate your data to third parties when such a communication is required by law, a regulatory provision or a legal decision, or if this communication is required to guarantee the protection and defence of its rights.
5. Data transfer outside the European Union
The recipients of your data may be located abroad, including outside the European Economic Area. Any transfer of your data outside the European Economic Area takes place under the appropriate guarantees, notably contractual, in line with the applicable personal data protection regulations.
A copy of the guarantees established by medici can be provided on simple request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data is not transferred outside the European Union.
6. What are your rights?
In accordance with current regulations, you have a right to access and correct your data, as well as to request its deletion, oppose its processing and obtain limitation or portability in as far as this is applicable.
You can also oppose your data being used for the purposes of creating your customer profile; in this case, you can no longer benefit from personalised offers or services.
These rights may be exercised directly with medici by email to email@example.com. Proof of identity may be required.
In addition, at any time you may ask to no longer receive communications from us regarding our offers, news and events by using the hyperlink provided in each email we send you. You can also contact us by post at 10 Bd de Grenelle, CS 10817, 75738 Paris Cedex 15.
You also have the right to contact the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL), 3 Place de Fontenoy - TSA 80715 - 75334 PARIS CEDEX 07, with any claim relating to the way in which Les Echos collects and processes you
10 Bd de Grenelle, CS 10817, 75738 Paris Cedex 15 data.
7. How long do we store your personal data?
Data relating to the creation of your user account and your subscription will be stored by medici for a period of three (3) years from the end of the contractual relationship or the last time your user account was used. After this period, this data (i) will be the subject of archiving for accounting and evidentiary purposes for the periods legally prescribed or (ii) will be destroyed if said periods have expired.
In the event that we collect bank details, the latter will be stored securely for the period required to validate your order and payment and will then be deleted in accordance with the applicable regulations for the purposes pursued. For claim management purposes, your data may be stored for evidence purposes in an intermediate file.
In the context of your subscription and/or your user account, your data will be stored for a period of three (3) years from its collection or your last contact with medici for the purposes of sending communications regarding commercial offers, news and events offered by medici. Failing registration or subscription, your data will be stored for a period of three (3) years from its collection or your last contact with medici.
Finally, the collection logs collected, subject to your consent, in the context of the cookies and other trackers implemented on our Site, will be stored in accordance with applicable regulations for a period not exceeding thirteen (13) months. For more details, see our Cookies charter.