Hamamatsu International Piano Competition – Final Round (II/II)
8th edition of the Hamamatsu International Piano Competition
For the first time in its history, medici.tv is live from Japan! Watch the final rounds of the Hamamatsu International Piano Competition and the gala concert of the finalists live on the internet and discover the piano's most promising young talents!
The Hamamatsu International Piano Competition began in 1991 to commemorate Hamamatsu's 80th year anniversary of the city's establishment. It was started as an international project which could fittingly express the pride held in Hamamatsu's tradition and history as a city of music and instruments.
The Competition is held every three years "for the following purposes."
- To nurture young pianists and provide them with a stage to showcase their hard work
- To promote global music culture
- To encourage international cultural exchanges
This competition has earned a high reputation and is recognized as an international competition that consistently showcases a number of outstanding pianists such as Rafał Blechacz, Ayako Uehara, Alexander Gavrylyuk who are currently very active on the world stage.
Picture taken during the 7th edition of the Hamamatsu International Competition.
Results (announced on November 24):
- First Prize – The Mayor of Sapporo Award: Ilya RASHKOVSKIY (Russia)
- Second Prize: NAKAGIRI Nozomi (Japan)
- Third Prize: SATO Takashi (Japan)
- Fourth Prize: Anna TCYBULEVA (Russia)
- Fifth Prize: KIM Joon (Korea)
- Sixth Prize: TAKUMI Kei (Japan)
- Best Performer of the Japanese Work: TAKUMI Kei (Japan)
- Diploma of Outstanding Merit: Ashley FRIPP (UK)
- Chamber Music Award: SATO Takashi (Japan)
- Audience Prize: Ilya RASHKOVSKIY (Russia)
Linked event :
Nakagiri Nozomi (Japan)
Sato Takashi (Japan)
Tokyo Symphony Orchestra
Michiyoshi Inoue conductor
Location : ACT CITY Hamamatsu Complex Main Hall (Hamamatsu, Japan)
Production date : 2012