Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional de Reims

Reims
Location

Conservatoire à Rayonnement Régional de Reims

Located in the heart of the city, between the Cathedral and the Basilique Saint-Rémi, the Reims Conservatory is a school for music and dance.

Created on the 12 of July 1912 and inaugurated by the President of France Raymond Poincaré on the 19 of October 1913, the Reims Music School has occupied various successive buildings. The last one, opened in September 1994, was designed by Jean-Loup Roubert, Henri Dumont and Jacques Bléhaut. Its shape was inspired by the lines of the ear and of a violin.

The Reims Conservatory is made up of 7 rooms, 2 studios dedicated to ballet, 1 library and 2 Auditoriums of outstanding acoustic qualities. Every year, a hundred of concerts are performed there (capacity: 400 and 105 seats).

Each year, the Reims Conservatory has 90 teachers dedicated to 1300-1400 pupils.